Gianluigi Botton: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, B. Eng. Physics, Ph.D. (Ecole Polytechnique Montreal), Res. Asst. Materials Science and Metallurgy (Cambridge)
- Canada Research Chair in "Microscopy of Nanoscale Materials"
- Nanoscale materials
- Electron Microscopy
Ken Coley: Associate Dean of Engineering, Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
B.Sc.(Strathclyde) Ph.D., D.I.C. (Imperial College) MIM
- Kinetics and thermodynamics of high temperature reactions in materials processing and service
Jeffrey J. Hoyt: Department Chair, Professor, B.S. (Cornell), M.S. (UC Berkeley), Ph.D. (UC Berkeley)
- Phase transformations, solidification, molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations
Gordon A. Irons: Dofasco Professor Ferrous Metallurgy
B.A.Sc. (Toronto), Ph.D. (McGill), P.Eng, FCIM, FCAE
- Experimentation and mathematical modelling of transport phenomena in metals processing
Joey Kish: Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering. B.Eng., PhD (McMaster)
Environmental degradation and control experimentation of structural materials in the automotive, energy generation and chemical processing industries.
Adrian Kitai: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
B.Sc. (McMaster), Ph.D. (Cornell), P.Eng.
- Thin films, optoelectronic materials, phosphors, electroluminescence, II-VI semiconductors, display devices
Dmitri Malakhov: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
B.Sc. (Moscow State), M.Sc., PhD (Novosibirsk)
- Computational thermodynamics, phase transformations and diffusional processes
Marek Niewczas: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
M.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. (Cracow)
- Fundamental aspects of the plasticity and fracture of crystalline materials. Electron microscopy
Tony Petric: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
B.A.Sc. (Toronto), Ph.D. (Ecole Polytechnique), P.Eng.
- Properties of ceramics (ionic, electronic, and mixed conduction), ceramic thin films, solid oxide fuel cells, batteries, solar cells, thermodynamic modeling
David Wilkinson: Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Distinguished University Professor
B.A.Sc. (Toronto), Ph.D. (Cambridge), FRSC, FCAE, FCIM, FACerS, P.Eng.
- Fundamental study of fracture mechanisms including the process of void growth and linkage of pure magnesium, pure copper and copper alloys.
- Fracture properties and mechanisms under uniaxial tension at room temperature in commercial magnesium alloys (AZ31). The research addresses the effect of various mechanical features and initial texture on the facture behavior.
Gu Xu: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
M.Sc., Ph.D. (Pittsburgh), D.E.S. (Columbia)
- Nanostructures, Organic electronics and polymer fuel cells
Igor Zhitomirsky: Professor, Materials Science & Engineering
M.Sc. (Kalinin), Ph.D. (Moscow)
- Nanostructured materials for energy storage and generation: batteries, supercapacitors, solar cells, fuel cells.
- Biomaterials. Biomedical implants. Biosensors.
- Nanostructured electronic materials and devices.
Electrochemical nanotechnology and bioelectrochemistry.
Hatem Zurob: Assistant Professor, Materials Science & Engineering
B.Eng., PhD (McMaster)
- Effect of microstructural evolution on mechanical properties