Professor Materials Science and Engineering
(M.Sc.), (M.Sc.), (Ph.D.) Krakow
Research Areas Include:
- Plastic deformation and physical properties of deformed materials.
- Magnetic and electrical properties of nanocrystalline Ni-, Fe-, Co-based solid solutions
- Magnetic shape memory alloys and thin films.
- Twinning and martensitic transformation.
- Basic aspects of Low Cycle Fatigue of metals and alloys.
- Molecular Dynamics of dislocation interactions in fcc and hcp crystals.
- Electron Microscopy.
For other current research projects see "Co-workers"
Currently not available.
- M. Niewczas, “Intermittent plastic flow of single crystals: central problems in plasticity: a review" Mat. Sci. Tech. 30, 739, (2014).
- M. Niewczas, “Latent hardening effects in low cycle fatigue of copper single crystals" Phil.Mag. 93, 272, (2013).
- M. Niewczas, “Lattice correspondence during twinning in hexagonal close-packed crystals," Acta Mater. 58, 5848, (2010).
- M. Niewczas, R.G. Hoagland, “Molecular dynamic studies of the interaction of a/6<112> Shockley dislocations with stacking fault tetrahedra in copper. Part II: Intersection of stacking fault tetrahedra by moving twin boundaries”, Phil.Mag. 89, 727, (2009).
- M. Niewczas, R.G. Hoagland, “Molecular dynamic studies of the interaction of a/6<112> Shockley dislocations with stacking fault tetrahedra in copper. Part I: Intersection of SFT by an insulated Shockley” Phil.Mag. 89, 623, (2009).
- M.Niewczas, “Dislocations and Twinning in Face Centered Cubic Crystals”, in Dislocations in Solids, vol.13, edited by F.R.N. Nabarro and J.P.Hirth, Elsevier 2007, pp.263-364.
- M. Niewczas, O. Engler, J.D. Embury, "The Recrystallization of copper single crystals deformed at 4.2K", Acta Mater. 52, 539, (2004).
- M.Niewczas, "TEM observations of debris structure in deformed copper single crystals", Phil. Mag. A82, 393, (2002).
- M. Niewczas, G.Saada - " Twinning nucleation in Cu-8%Al single crystals", Phil.Mag. A82, 167, (2002).
- M.Niewczas, Z.S.Basinski, S.J.Basinski, J.D.Embury, "The Deformation of Copper Single Crystals to large strains at 4.2 K, Part I. Mechanical response and electrical resistivity", Phil.Mag. A81, 1121, (2001).
- M.Niewczas, Z.S.Basinski, J.D.Embury, "The Deformation of Copper Single Crystals to large strains at 4.2 K, Part II. TEM observations of defect structure", Phil.Mag. A81, 1143, (2001).